Monday 1 December 2008

I am Guilty

I am no policeman, not in the army, not a commando and not a politician. Somebody who's a part of the Indian youth, who refused to look at the teething problems his countrymen faced and instead chose the cushion of an IT job.
I was proud of myself, that I am independent and earning a comfortable salary. With the turn of events- terrorists running amok in Mumbai, sending down chilling shivers down the spine of many an Indian; I feel guilty.
Guilty of being holed up in my home, tuned in to the television, indulging in living room gossip, playing blame games..pointing fingers at the Indian intelligence, security agencies and the political establishment.
I would like to apologise to my fellow men and to God that I am not one of the soldiers facing the bullets affront and for being a hypocrite.
Maybe.. If there were a few more people with purpose, the bullets would have dried up faster, and would have saved the tears of a mother as well.

1 comment:

Amit S said...

Hey Sourav aka Kshitij,

Suddenly, out of nowhere, my eyes ran over all that you have written, and they are anything but 'preposterous'!

It would not be flattery, if I say that they all are mind-blowing as most of them actually blew my mind away!

My personal favourites are 'I am guilty' and 'the story'!

Keep enriching this blog with your thoughtful insight into the intricacies of life!

Regards,
Amit S.